Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wakelet: A tool for collecting resources

As described in my title, Wakelet is a platform that allows users to compile content into one neat space. You can add links to webpages, videos, images, and so on, that cover any topic you want. A tutorial of how to use Wakelet can be found here.

Personally,  I have only used Wakelet twice, as I just learned about it at a professional development at the end of May. I created a Wakelet of resources that my students needed to access for a pre-reading jigsaw activity. They were assigned a topic, and using the links on the Wakelet, conducted research that they then shared with a larger group. I also created vocab practice quizzes and posted them on their own Wakelet.

I have found that Wakelet allows me to post multiple resources without cluttering up my Google Classroom page. Having a visual collection lets students find their resources easily, as it is less wordy thank a Google Doc of hyperlinks. It also allows me to make sure they are accessing vetted sources rather than finding inaccurate sources. I plan to use it a lot more in the future because of how easy it is to make and use. It could be another way to have students collaborate as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment